The holidays have different meanings for everyone. Thanksgiving is one of the few that is rooted in tradition, with a universal message regardless of culture: it’s about family, food and gratitude.
At Nuro, we’re thankful for our amazing team, clients and the marketing industry at large. So let’s take a look at some business stats that make this holiday unique.
- A new survey from LendEDU finds that the average American will spend a total of $165.14 on Thanksgiving expenses.
- people about their expected costs, says travel expenses make up $67.59 of that amount, with the rest going for food, wine, and other expenses.
- There are 254 million turkeys raised in the U.S. each year, with a total value of $4.85 billion.
- For Black Friday 2017 it is estimated a total $682.0 billion will be spent, that’s a 4% increase from last year according to the National Retail Federation.
- Last year in 2016, 137 million people went to stores over the four-day Black Friday weekend. That was a third more than the 102 million in 2015.
Whether you’re one of the 50.9 million Americans expected to travel or you’re staying local, Nuro wishes you a happy, healthy, safe holiday!